Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pink Parties

After a crazy day at work yesterday where everyone was lamenting the stock market, Kwame's text messages, falling advertising and Chrysler laying off 5,000 workers, I hit two big parties. The first was for my niece Lauren. She turned five. Everything was pink and featured princesses. That's what life should be all about. It was great to hang for a little bit with Dan's family and just celebrate how cool kids can be. My sister-in-law Carrie has a really fun brood too.













I left Waterford and went to a "Girl's Night Out" at my friend Trish's house. Boy, put 10 women in the room together with a little wine and the volume goes way up. Trish has an amazing perspective on life and the city so it was great to talk with her. I was home by about 11:30 but I can't remember the last time I went to two parties in one night. Granted they were very mellow but it sure was nice to see everyone and forget the gloom and doom of the economy for a while.

Next stop: Brazil. I leave tomorrow at 4 p.m. Woo hoo!

No comments: