Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Moms and Dads

On Saturday, I got a chance to see all my Moms and Dads. After weaving, I went over to my in-laws. (This photo is from Sue's house a few months back.) My father-in-law had a minor stroke the day before Dan and the kids left for Brazil. He's doing really well. He's getting around like a champ with a walker. The thing that is affected most is his speech. He's working with a speech therapist twice a week repeating tongue twisters like "nine newsmen need nectarines." I don't know if I could do that.

While I was in the burbs, I went over and did a check on my Mom and Dad's webcam. It was all a ploy to get a steak dinner out of them. They have this new charcoal grill, the Big Egg, that was so amazing. Man, dinner was good. (The webcam worked fine and is all set "for action" as soon as the Brazilian trio get their computer from the shipment.)

I am so lucky to have two sets of amazing parents. More than lucky. Blessed. They are all worried that I'm going batty so it was nice of them to chill with me for the afternoon.

Dan and the kids are supposed to move into the apartment today. No word from them yet.

No comments: