Sunday, October 05, 2008

Do They Have A Moose Tree in SP?














This is one of our favorite Detroit icons. The "moose tree" is located in one of Detroit's poorest neighborhoods near Mack and Mt. Elliott. My camera phone photo is not very good but the tree has a pair of eyes and is usually adorned with a necklace or two of the season. A year or so ago, the house behind the moose burned to the ground. We were kind of worried about this tree. (Ro even thought about moving it to our backyard.) But lo and behold, new construction sprung up behind the tree. This is Detroit survival at its finest.

The report from SP is that the trio got in a taxi today and found a mall. Hannah's e-mail said it was a great spot but that it is no fun shopping with guys. We'll have to visit this mall again when I get there. A picture menu at a sushi restaurant made it so they could eat. (I am doing the Rosetta Stone again at home. Hopefully, I'll be able to speak a little by the time I get there for good.)

I'm trying to stay busy so I don't get too blue so after church, I went for another good run (5 miles). I am feeling mighty confident that I'll be able to get through my Free Press Marathon leg over the Ambassador Bridge just fine. Besides Patrice will be waiting for me in Canada and she can't start until I get there! Also went over to CCS and worked on my double weave piece a little more. It is almost done. I sure am glad I was able to squeeze into the CCS weaving class at the last minute. Without a loom at home, it makes it so I have somewhere to go and something to do.

1 comment:

Nanimal said...

omgoodness... that is beautiful. I am so glad you are in the ccs class... u need an outlet w/o your peeps around! yikes. I love reading the updates. I miss ccs. (I work blocks away from there now! woah! talk about full circle.)