Sunday, February 01, 2009

D Departed



Oi Sao Paulo. I am finally here. It wasn't easy but I departed the D as scheduled on Friday. We had to have one more going away party Thursday night (that sneaky Lynne). It was great to see all my friends but I think they're ready for me to be in Sao Paulo so they get to quit saying goodbye to me. They'll have to find another excuse to party now. My friends are amazing. Sure hope they make it to Sao Paulo sometime.

After a few too many glasses of vino at Lynne and Dan's, I had to pack up the last of the house. I finished at 2:30 and then got up at 6 to fill my three suitcases. After a quick brush through work for a department meeting, I was on my way.

Sao Paulo Airport was its usual chaotic self. I got through the passport line no problem but then the line after you got your luggage snaked all around. People were cutting in and causing problems. Of course, I had the world's worst cart so I couldn't make any of the roped turns. It was pretty comical. It took about an hour to get through that mess.

Java is here with me. She got to the apartment about 5:00 yesterday afternoon. She is sleeping on her new bed and acts like nothing is different. Oh to be a dog. She is panting a bit though. The switch from 10 degrees to 85 is quite tough on the system.













It is great to be a family again. Now if only I can get Ro to give up some of the closet!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Yeah!!!!! You're there! All together again...finally. I think Java is just laughing and not panting. Maybe when he was in the 'under the cockpit dungeon' the dogs had a little too much fun together?

I'm so happy for you my friend.