Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Ready to Depart the D

I have less than 40 hours left in Detroit. New Orleans was a lot of fun (and warm!) but now I am in serious departure mode. My buddies at work today threw me a "safe travels but you're not leaving" potluck lunch with some sinfully wonderful food and then I took off in a sprint to pick Java up at the vet and then get her (OK, me) mentally ready to be picked up at 3:00 by the Pet Transport company. She looked so puzzled as they shut the van door. Hope she's OK.

Stan came over today and we went over alarm codes and details. I feel so lucky to have him watching our house. I don't think any of the weirdness of an old house will phase him one bit.

As soon as I finish dinner, I am going to start organizing my clothes. I get to take three suitcases and man are they going to be full. Luckily, anything that doesn't fit in my bag I will take over to my Mom's and take it when I come home in March. All the remaining rubble in the house is going up to the third floor for storage until we return.

Better get back to it!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Good luck on the road trip!

Do you think Stan will mind when the Cleveland Robars stop by for Thanksgiving Dinner and some Lions football this fall?!?

Colleen said...

I think he'll love it. Talk to you soon.