Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl--Southern Style

I was curious how American football would go over on Brazilian TV. We watched the big game yesterday at Nandita's on ESPN Vivo (with a great Indian meal...yum!) No American commercials and a weird 10 second delay that made Faith Hill, Jennifer Hudson and Bruce Springsteen appear to be doing a bad lip sync version of their tunes but all in all we caught the spirit of the game. And of course Dan and Jackson were thrilled that their Steelers won.

There was a weird Volkswagen commercial with a fish-dog so I guess I got my fix of funky advertising. To watch it, click here.

I went for an energetic one-hour walk with two friends this morning through the hills around the complex. They go out everyday at 7:15 when the kids leave the house for school. It will be a nice routine to get into. I don't have to really start working until 11 a.m. (8 a.m. Detroit time) so it is a good way to get the day started.

We've had wacky power issues since I've been here. (Jackson said it is my fault.) We had no power most of the day on Saturday and none this morning. Thankfully, it is back on now. They were doing some demolition work in front of our complex so maybe they cut a line and that caused the problem. I just hope it is done now. A woman needs coffee in the morning!!

No comments: