Saturday, November 08, 2008

Keeping Busy

In my pursuit of sanity while my family is away, I'm keeping way busy. Last night, I went out with the Barrows, O'Mearas, Maucks and a bunch of the St. Clare crowd and saw "To Kill A Mockingbird." The local YMCA has a great theater and the production was first rate. But, it is not a very cheery story. Truth should win out. Guess, we'll see a comedy next time.

I built yet another slideshow this week for tonight's performance of the Dearing Detroit Dance Company at St. Charles. It honors my friend Sue Wenrick who died this past year. She built the dance company up from nothing and is really missed. Steve Dearing is the dancer who makes it all happen but it was Sue who really had the vision of what dancing can do to help all these inner city kids stay focused. (Steve is in the front and Sue is in the middle in this picture.) The performance is tonight so I'll be there behind the scenes crossing my fingers that the computer and projector work as planned.

The auto industry is so scary now. Provided GM can stay in business, I think Brazil will be a good place to hang out for a few years while North America gets back on track. I start Portuguese lessons with Berlitz next week. The instructor is going to meet me at a conference room at Crain during my lunch hour twice a week for two hours. I thought that would be easier than having the teacher come to the house in the evenings.

Off to weaving now!

No comments: