Wednesday, November 19, 2008

48 Hours!

My flight leaves Friday at 4:40 p.m. I can't wait to get to Brazil and see everybody. Jackson's baseball team has their end of the year party Saturday afternoon right near the airport so we're going straight there after Ro and the kids pick me up. This crowd is used to smelly teenage boys so I hope they don't mind a woman who has been on a plane all night. Better pack a toothbrush in my carry-on.

We are going to spend Thanksgiving with a group of GM Design ex-pats. Everybody brings a dish and they have an annual "Turkey Egg" hunt according to the invitation. Should be interesting.

I have spent the last two days with the Congressional hearings on my computer while I am working. Those idiots are using statistics and a mindset from 1978 as they are grilling Nardelli, Wagoner and Mulally. Would any of those Congressional types work for a $1 a year? After all, the government is running a deficit. I have a feeling that nothing will result from these hearings. It will take until February when my hero Obama gets into office. Hope I am wrong because I don't think a lot of businesses will make it until then.

I have my Berlitz language CD going now. Man, Portuguese is difficult.

Tchau.

1 comment:

carrie:) said...

Ya Colleen!!! Have a safe trip and a Wonderful Thanksgiving. Give our love to all!