Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Loom is Ready for the Move

I finally finished the piece I've been neglecting on my loom all summer. The table runner was a real bear with little pieces of fiber coming off the warp and clogging everything up. But it is done and the loom is all clean and ready to go on the sea shipment.

We get to move our things in three waves--what we take in our suitcase with us, an air shipment of 1,000 pounds and a sea shipment to fill a 40 square yard container. The air shipment takes 10 days and the sea shipment can take as long as three months (thanks to customs!) We are going to ship our stuff in the very near future so it will probably arrive about the same time as Jackson and I do in January.

Ro got an e-mail that our visas were approved. That means we're about 20 days away from departure for Ro and Hannah. So not only will I be without my husband and daughter, but I won't have a loom either!

No comments: