Friday, August 22, 2008

Detroit Just Lost a Good One

I found out this morning that my friend Colin Hubbell died yesterday. Remember a few months back (June 27) when I wrote about Colin's cool birthday party we attended at Traffic Jam with hundreds of his pals. Colin loved his family, his city, God, bike riding, good music and his friends. Such a fabulous man. Everyone he knew always got a huge bear hug and a kiss when he greeted them. I worked with his equally wonderful wife, Trish, at Mullen. They have four kids who will really miss him but they'll know they were loved big time by their Dad.

For that birthday party, I put together a 200+ photo slideshow with photos that Trish gave me. While I was scanning all those images, it gave me a chance to really feel for Colin's life. I've thought a lot about all those photos today.

Obviously, God needed some help solving some crisis up in heaven and Colin was the right dude for the job. Somebody today told a story about Colin calling up Kwame Kilpatrick when he was having election troubles and starting the conversation with, "Man, you need a white friend." Colin was a developer in the city and he was a real peacemaker in a tough business.

God bless you Colin, Trish, Kelsey, Devin, Miles and Alana.

No comments: