Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My New Car

It took about six months for my Meriva to arrive but Ro picked up my new little beauty today. There are very few red cars here but I wanted to be able to find it in the parking decks. We took a quick snapshot of it this evening in the parking garage. I had been driving this rather large minivan, a Chevy Zafira. It was nice to have the space but I'm glad to say goodbye to it. With its blistering 1.8 liter engine, the Meriva will be a lot more fun to drive around Sao Paulo. It has an easytronic transmission so I can drive with it in manual and automatic. Giving my lack of driving skills, I think that thing will be in A always. Ro drives an Opel Vectra.

We're starting yet another feriado (holiday) weekend this Friday. This is the Brazilian Labor Day. Jackson has a double-header on Friday and is taking the SAT on Saturday. Guess we won't be sneaking away anywhere fun this weekend.

3 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

God help Sao Paulo drivers, Colleen is on the road! Sis, with what I saw down there on my visit, don't even THINK about texting on the road. Unless of course it is gridlock like it frequently appeared to be. : )

Corinne said...

Please tell me you don't txt while driving.....

I'll have to look up a picture of Dan's Opal.