Sunday, April 05, 2009

Mii Old

We bought a Wii Fit over the holidays and shipped it to Brazil with our friends Pete and Shannon. Well the darn thing got here this week so we were all excited to play with our new toy. Jackson, of course, got into it first and set it up. It begins with a fitness assessment that tests your balance, weight and BMI and gives you a fitness age. It assigns you a Mii character to work with you to meet your fitness goals. The icon even looks like you. Jackson's was right on. His age was 17. He can crank through the 40+ yoga, balance, strength and aerobics units like an Olympian. No problem.

Hannah did it and her fitness age was 19. She likes the aerobics. She is the Mii character in the green.

So yesterday, after running three miles at the Graded School track in the morning I might add, I got my sorry butt on the balance board. It said my fitness age was 67!!! I had some trouble with the balance assessment so I did it again and it came down to 54. Still!! The funniest thing was my Mii character. As soon as I weighed myself, the character puffed out! Doesn't Nintendo understand that I was the one who bought the Wii Fit in the first place and they should be nice to me?

Dan hasn't done it yet. (The fourth character on the TV screen in yellow is Jackson's friend Sunny.) Poor Ro. He played in a charity softball game yesterday with GM and one of his own teammates decked him with the ball at full speed. Luckily, he was wearing sunglasses so they took some of the blow. He has a shiner today. Add to that his continuing problems with his foot and I bet his Wii age will still be less than mine.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

That almost sounds quite cruel! My only experience with the Wii is bowling.... just like at a real bowling alley, I still threw the gutter balls. sigh.