Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let's Start Over in May

Boy, I am glad April is over. I'm sure everything will be just peachy keen tomorrow when it becomes May. No more bankruptcies, breakups, layoffs or swine flu. It is a new month. The sad Chrysler news today makes me think about the number of people that I know that work for that company and its ad agencies and suppliers. My heart goes out to them. I know this reorganization may save some jobs, but let's face it. A lot more people still have to go. Fiat will want to do it their way, just like Daimler did when they took them over and Cerebus did when they became the boss.

It is very strange to be so close (via the Internet) and still so far away when stuff happens.

Everybody keeps asking us about GM and Dan's job. Who knows? For right now, I think GM do Brasil is a great place for us to ride out the storm. We are here so we are trying to make the most of it. Dan is working really hard.

Finally, turn on your prayers for my friend Al's son, Christopher. I just found out today that he is on his third round of chemo for non-hodgkin's lymphoma. They are an amazing family so if anyone can get through this, it is the steely Sebastians. We also need prayers for Detroit. With Chrysler's setback and so many other hardships, we need new strong leadership. Let's pray that that happens...and soon!

1 comment:

Nanimal said...

amen... wow, the layoffs and what not... so somber here. I just quietly am happy Chris and I are working and we can help out a few who aren't. Now is totally the time to band together and reach out.
btw - hannah looks so radiant in the birthday shot! Just hearing about their experiences right now is so inspiring to me.