Thursday, March 26, 2009

Waffles!


Thought I'd share the first piece off my loom (notice the colors are kind of similar to the Brazilian flag which I didn't notice until I was finishing it). I finally completed the ends of it last night. It is a waffle weave made from cotton I bought with my friends at the Ann Arbor Festival last year. The weft is a rik rak rayon. It is 96 inches long! I lost about an inch in width when I washed it but the length stayed. Guess it will be a good scarf to tie around a couple of times during those cold evenings in Brazil (not!)


I am going to dive into my Habu stainless steel/wool next. It is so thin you can't call it yarn...it is more like thread. The pattern is an 8-block shadow huck and I am going to combine the stainless/wool with some leftover alpaca/silk from another piece. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kathy F said...

I'm more of a knitter, but I love the weave - great texture and color!