Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ah! Brazil!!


After a grueling month of layoffs and cutbacks at work, I raced out of Detroit probably a little too early so I could get to Brazil to see my brother Tim and his girlfriend Jennifer who were visiting. They were leaving on Friday so I landed mid-day on Thursday. What's my rush?? When I got here, they were having a relaxing vacation. It was exactly what I needed. I can learn a lot from them. After a big beef dinner at a churrascaria Thursday night, we had a nice visit and trekked around Ibirapuera Park on Friday. The park has a modern art museum, beautiful paths and bridges and lots of people running and biking. What a pleasant day and a great chance to breathe again after all the stress.

It is really nice to be home.



These pictures were taken at the Monumento às Bandeiras, just outside the Park.

No comments: