Thursday, January 22, 2009

Off to the Big Easy!

OK, I only have seven days left in the USA. So what am I doing? I am headed to New Orleans for the National Automobile Dealers Association meeting for four days. Makes sense? This is typically one of the biggest pow wows for Automotive News and it is one of the main reasons I hung around this long without Dan and the kids. However, with the auto industry implosion, we are expecting lean, lean, lean attendance. But, the weather is supposed to be 70 so I am hoping to at least sneak a run in amidst booth duty and the many events we host.

I have spent the last three days locked in the Marriott RenCen for another event, the World Congress. Poor Java. She hasn't seen me for more than a quick minute this week and now she's at the vet for four days. I will pick her up from the "doggie spa" Wednesday morning and the company is coming to take her to Brazil Thursday at 7 a.m. She is going to wonder just what is going on. She is going to stop in New York and visit the USDA for certification and then make the long flight. (The dogs fly in the pet cabin right under the pilots so it is warm.) They anticipate delivering her back to us in Sao Paulo Monday morning. So strange!

It is really starting to hit me that I am moving. If I start getting weird, I can always go in search of beads and big Hurricane drinks in the French Quarter to calm me down.

4 comments:

Ray Adkins said...

Dear Collen,

My family and I are getting ready to move to Sao Paulo and we are really concerned over the transportation of our family dog.
Would you please share the name of the company you are hiring to take your dog to Brazil for you?


Thank you

Ray Adkins

Colleen said...

They seem very caring. GM recommended them to us since they handle all of the company's pet relocations. Maybe our dogs can go for a run together in Sao Paulo!

Reece McDonnell
WorldCare Pet Transport LLC
Tel # 203-662-0672
Fax# 203-656-7287
Cell# 203-554-1177
www. WorldCarePet.com
e-mail: WorldCarePet@Optonline.net

Offices: New York, United Kingdom, Connecticut, China, Brazil, Japan

Corinne said...

Yeah baby!!! Gotta find them cool beads in the French Quarter. Doesn't get any better than that.

I'm hoping to find great beads in Santa Fe.....

I can't believe you are finally going.

Ray Adkins said...

Colleen,

Thank you so much for sharing the contacts, I will definetely get in touch with them.
We should definetely take them for a run in Sao Paulo.
We have a friend who is already there and they are loving the city's infra structure for dogs.
They have their chocolate lab going to school every day, there is a "school bus" (Van) that comes and picks up their dogs from their home daily and brings it back at the end of the afternoon.
The dogs have activities all day long which includes swimming, nap time, play time etc...
It is really well organized and you can watch your dog via internet any time of the day.
They also keep dogs overnight if you need to travel.
They are not expensive at all and are very reliable.
If you are interested, let me know and I will send you the info.
Sao Paulo is a little intimidating but when you get to know the city it is really enjoyable, our friends are fans of the city parks "Ibirapuera" is the most popular and they have areas for dogs only but there are many other nice parks around the city.
We will keep in touch via blog and will definitely let you know when we get to Sao Paulo.
Good luck with your move.


Thanks again

Ray