Friday, February 15, 2008

My Hat-Inspired Blanket Is On the Loom

I went over to CCS after work tonight to fix my warp so I can weave like a maniac tomorrow at class. (I had cut a few of my warps shorter than the others so I had to replace them. Ugh!) I like the pattern but boy will I use a lot of yarn to weave a 42 x 80 blanket. The yarn is a merino wool so it is nice and soft.


It sure is pleasant weaving over there at night. While I'm cussing at the yarn, I work out all the world's problems.

I have slight guilt feelings about my CCS peace. Hannah's guitar school had a recital tonight. Her teacher didn't think her piece was ready so she didn't play. But she wanted to go. The thought of sitting there through a bunch of strangers' kids playing "Stairway to Heaven" on keyboard and guitar was more than I could stand on a Friday night. So I sent her with the Santoscoys since Noah and Nathan were in the show. Hee. Hee. Thank God for fabulous neighbors.

No comments: