Friday, February 29, 2008

High School Dilemma

OK, I want Hannah to go to Liggett and she wants to go to Mercy. Now what? Should I let a 13-year old make the decision because only she knows what will suit her best? Or should Dan and I overrule?

The freshman Liggett girl who gave Hannah her "shadow day" experience told her she hated the school. Obviously, the Admissions Office did not pick the best ambassador to answer all of Hannah's questions. I've tried to point out to my lovely daughter all the wonderful people we know that go there but she won't hear it. I think I am going to have Alex from church or Emmanuelle from St. Clare call Hannah this weekend.

Mercy is just too far. Twenty-seven miles each way is ridiculous. There is no bus so it would be up to Dan and I (and the Barrows) to get the girls there everyday in rush hour.

Or, she can just go to Cass with her brother! How easy would that be?

No comments: