Sunday, August 05, 2007

Inspiration

Hannah and I went to the Detroit Urban Craft Fair at the Majestic Theater yesterday. At first, Hannah let out a "I'm thirteen and I wouldn't be caught dead at a craft fair" groan. I convinced her this would be different and I was so right. Imagine all of one city's liberal artists with funky haircuts and mod clothing in one room at the same time. (For example, the volunteers wore capes and the room had a bar set up!) No wooden cutout crap here. Everything was original with an edge. I acquired a new purse and some homespun yarn for weaving. She bought a bracelet and a doo-hickey for her hair. We also found a perfect sock monkey baby outfit for a shower we're going to next week. Big fun. Rather than doing client work that needed doing last night, I finally got back to my loom and did some weaving. Felt great!

No comments: