Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cow Tipping

I spent last weekend organizing the Grand Opening for an ice cream store in Royal Oak. What craziness...magicians, clowns, balloons, prizes, 30 foot inflatable cows, milk mustache photos, cow milking machines, six kids (including Hannah and Jackson) dressed as cows and carnival games. You name it...we did it. I even put my Mom to work on Saturday. The corporate office gave away free ice cream cones for three hours on Sunday. I had the hard job of telling people in line that it ended at 4:00. Man, you'd think that we were giving away gold.

I started at Crain on Monday. So now I'm at the Bridge all morning, Crain all afternoon and squeezing in my other clients when I can (mostly at night). I've got some good interviews set up for Crain so I'm hoping I'll be done there by the end of September. Interesting wrinkle in my world......I had a chat with the head of PR at Mullen in Boston. She offered me a Senior VP job to come back and run Detroit PR. It would be some GM advanced tech work and then some new business. I can essentially name my price. I'm thinking.....

Jackson finished his driver's ed class on Thursday. Now as soon as we can get him over to the Secretary of State office, he'll have his permit. He'll drive with us for 30 hours and then take a second class. He is really excited.

This is a big week for celebrations. Ro and I celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, my birthday is Saturday and my Dad turns 70 on the 29th. Now if I could only find the perfect gifts.....or the time to shop for them!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

For my Dad's last Birthday I bought him a James Bond box set of dvds..... he loved it! You can buy the old movies or newer ones. Just an idea... he also loves Home Depot gift cards.... when they're retired they seem to live there!

Tim said...

poor Hannah---How could you do that to the child? Scarred for life I think.