Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Labor Day

Our home computer has been in the shop since August 4. The old HP is supposed to be back sometime this weekend with a new hard drive (it had to take a trip to Cleveland, the hard drive capital of the world, to get its new guts). So for the last three weeks, the whole family has used my work laptop at night to check email so blogging has been back burner.

Ro and Jackson are Up North (again!) salmon fishing with the Emme male clan. They were there last weekend too. Man, are they loving that boat.

I think Robar PR is going on the shelf. Since we were told China was out of the picture, I've come to the realization that I like having a one person firm but I am way, way maxed out on billable hours that I can do myself. I can't take a vacation or even meet a friend for lunch. So to grow the firm, I would have to hire a staff. I really don't want to be responsible for staff and all the responsibility that entails. So, I think it is time to go back to the agency life. I am very fortunate to have offers from both Mullen and Team Detroit so I'm debating this weekend. Both are very different. It's probably a good thing Ro is out of town cuz I'm kind of distracted.

Speaking of distracted, I blew through a pink light this morning on Jefferson right in front of three police cars that were there for the Belle Isle Grand Prix. After I cussed, I let out a "Lord, help me" and it worked. The cop pulled up next to me, asked me to roll down my window and told me "show some respect for the city and its residents" and left. God is good.

Cheers!

No comments: