Saturday, June 13, 2009

An Artful Day

Where I have been? In the last three weeks, I've been hanging with my pal Delta playing alphabet soup. We've been to JFK, LAX, ATL, DTW, MEM, BHM, back to ATL and then finally home to GRU. I think this trip alone will bump me up a status level. I had a great trip, accomplished a lot at work, saw some dear friends, hung with the family, ran a bit and ate way too much everywhere I went but it so, so, so great to be back now with Ro and the kids.

Today, Hannah and I went to the Museu de Arte de Sao Paulo. After missing just about every turn trying to get there, we finally arrived and had a nice few hours. It is a cool building even before you look at the art. They had the usual masters and then we went to the signature show there now by Brazilian artist Vik Muniz. He lays out dramatic images with normal objects like garbage, sugar, diamonds, toy soldiers and food and then photographs the images from above. This Mona Lisa was made out of peanut butter and jelly. My favorite images were the sugar children.

No comments: