Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ro, the world's best Dad

My kids are so lucky. They have the greatest Dad. Here it is Father's Day and all; Jackson and Ro just left for baseball at 7:30 in the morning. Ro knows how important baseball is to Jackson so he never complains about what a pain it must be to spend every weekend at the baseball field. He just does it.

So far, I have been in the States more than I have been in Brazil because of work. He's been a single Dad lots of weeks and even though he's tired from the daily grind, he doesn't miss parent teacher conferences, plays or games. In short, Ro rocks! Happy Father's Day to the two Dads in my life too....HF and Wayne. I am very lucky.

Hannah and I went with Sharon and Christa to Jose Paulino on Friday. Such adventure! Sao Paulo has so many hidden little areas. Jose Paulino is a discount shopping district downtown. Store after store has piles of clothes, all at bargain prices. You had to dig but we found some great items and had a lot of fun. We ate corn from a cart (until the girl got in trouble and had to quickly wheel her business to a new location) and enjoyed a nice sunshiney day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Colleen,

It is very likely that my fiance and I will be moving to Sao Paulo in the coming months because of a probable promotion for him. Finding and reading your blog has helped put my mind more at ease. Would you be willing to to answer some questions we have about finding and setting up a home, transporting dogs to Brazil, and possible other random questions? My email address is allisoninbrazil at gmail dot com.

Thanks so much,
Allison