Monday, March 31, 2008

Relationships Today

It used to be that when two people decided to be a couple, the guy would give the girl a pin, a sweater, something and then tell their friends they are "going together." This usually occurred after they had dated each other exclusively for a few months. Today, they do it quickly and post it on the Internet.

Yesterday, I took Jackson and Arriana (a nice girl who goes to St. Charles and attends Regina who Jackson danced with at a Sweet 16 party a few weeks back) to lunch and the DIA after church. Then last night, I check out Jackson's Facebook page and wo, there is a photo snapped with his phone of the two of them at the Museum. His profile now says he is "in a relationship."

Maybe, I missed something but the two have gone on a total of two dates (three if you count the party where they reconnected) and have talked on the phone a lot. Is that a relationship?

I am so old.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Honey..... we will never get it. There is no longer a pin, a sweater (did you actually do that??...I never got a pin or a sweater).... you have to be realistic..you're going to be proud of the son who is not after a first point boinggg, but is showing his hottie for all to see. Hang in there my friend. (I'm telling this to myself as I write.)

Nanimal said...

ugh, I know... I am so not ready for that, when I read your posts about these things I get a little shiver knowing it is coming. The "in relationship" bit on their profile must give a lot of kids strss in these days. I would have agonized over it - should I keep it as single? Is it time to change it? Do I ask him? Do I tell him?

I am very glad I am not a teenager.