Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Mental Health Projects

Since I know your day wouldn't be complete without me boring you with my weaving projects, I thought I would show you what I just took off the loom. MaryBeth, my fabulous co-worker, had a birthday this week so I weaved over the weekend, washed and tied on Monday and gave this scarf to her on Tuesday. I wasn't feeling the pattern while I was weaving it but now I really like the verticalness of it. Very different. Usually, I have a little longer to bond before I give away my work but she's worth it. I used that rik rak for the first time and it really had a nice smooth feel once it came together.

My loom at CCS has a indigo-dyed tencel warp with big white patches ready to be woven on Saturday. I'll have to take a photo to show you how odd it looks. It reminds me of a blueberry cow hide. Not sure how it is going to all come together. My plan was to use a straight green tabby but maybe I need a new plan. At home, I just wound a forest green cotton warp for an overshot table runner that I saw in Handwoven magazine. I know I'm supposed to be creative and experiment but it is sure nice to have a pattern once in a while that tells you exactly how many ends, etc.

No comments: