Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This and That

We had a great weekend...action packed but fun. Let's see....Saturday AM I went to Heritage Spinning and Weaving in Lake Orion with my CCS buds. I was good and only bought one skein of very cool hand dyed yarn and two small cones of green bamboo yarn. I'm going to use the bamboo as weft with a warp I dyed with indigo last week. We'll see. Mollie gave me the eyebrow in the store and said "why green?" She's much better at colors than me so we'll have to see how it all comes together when I do a small sample.

Hannah and I went to see the University of Detroit High School performance of Grease that evening over at the Detroit School of the Performing Arts. It was great. We parked the car at DSA and then walked over to Union Street and then back for the play. I love Midtown! Jackson went to a Sweet 16 party for his friend Alexus that night and I think he impressed a whole bunch of lovely ladies. They've been calling nonstop ever since.

On Sunday, we did our annual St. Patrick's Day shenanigans at the Parade in Corktown. Jackson and I ran in the Corktown Races (4 miles!). Jackson, Lynn and Lisa had great times. Let's just say I finished. I have a long way to go to get my running mojo back after the long winter. We then hung around with the Greening of Detroit and marched in the Parade. I wish I had brought my camera. Nathan was adorned in a tree costume again and Jackson was part of the shovel brigade. Think of six guys singing and performing precision drills with shovels. He did great. I can see why he is good at ROTC. He spun that shovel like it was a baton. Boy there were a lot of drunks in Corktown Sunday afternoon!

We got out of the Parade around 4 and made it to St. Clare for the Winter Sports Banquet at 6. Hannah's basketball team didn't have the greatest record but I really liked her coach. Ro even got an award as the volunteer of the year.

Last night, I treated myself to a little St. Patrick's girl time with Linda and Kim. So nice to kick back. Kim and Linda are both running successful businesses, balancing a family and enjoying life! I think we only gossiped about half our friends so we'll have to do it again soon. Linda does PR for Morton's Steakhouse so we ate like queens!

Tomorrow night, we have to go to a parent meeting for the West Point trip. I'm anxious to learn more. Jackson leaves next week for three days. Hannah starts her vacation on Thursday so she is going to a sleepover tomorrow at Alex's house. Not sure how I'm going to pick her up the next morning since I have to work but I guess I'll deal with that as it comes.

Back to American Idol......this season isn't thrilling me.

No comments: