Thursday, July 26, 2007

Impatient!

I am feeling impatiently anxious about a bunch of stuff today:

1. I worked really hard on a pitch for Ford Sync. Presentation was last week. I was one of three agencies they had present. They were supposed to have a decision by Tuesday. Still no word today....the meeting keeps getting postponed. We assembled an awesome team with great energy and fun ideas. Hurry up, would you!

2. My friend Sara caught me on a weak moment and I agreed to help this way-over-their-head young couple with the grand opening of their ice cream and dairy store in Royal Oak August 10-12. My fee: lifetime ice cream cones! I can easily pull it together for them but I don't want a lot of drama. Let me get you the big cow display balloon, the magicians and the milk mustache photo man and be done. (It really is fun...but I have way more than a full schedule.)

3. We had two great editorial briefings this week with the Bridge...one with Crain's and another with the Detroit News. My clients don't get what a coup this is! I'm kind of anxious about the stories.

4. I hauled all the way out to Howell yesterday for a SECOND meeting with a potential client and their response to my PR ideas was along the lines of "we're not sure we want to tell people what we're doing." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Get me out of here.

5. Happily, I'm going to Toronto for the "girl trip" on Saturday with my Mom and Hannah. We have a hotel, train tickets and mezzanine seats for the Queen "We Will Rock You" play. Everything else will happen if it feels right. Hope it goes well and my clients leave me alone.

No comments: