Sunday, July 08, 2007

Running

It is a mere 95 degrees here in the D at 9:00 at night. Damn it has been a sauna this summer. Hannah had a double header yesterday and Jackson had a game too. That trifecta was a lot of baseball in one day of hot, hot, hot! It didn't help that all three games were losses. Our old house has no air (just a few window units) so today Hannah and I headed for the movies after church. (The guys were fishing of course.) She wanted to see Transformers. It wasn't my kind of movie but what the heck... it was cool inside the theater. Also was fun to see good GM marketing for a change.

Jackson and I just got in from a run. Ugh....I sweat a lot normally. Now I am just gross. Jackson is in awesome shape from ROTC and baseball and I'm well...43. I think he just humors me by going along at my snail pace. I bought the Nike IPod sensor a few weeks back and it is a great motivator. There is a small sensor in my shoe and I plug another sensor into Hannah's nano Ipod. It keeps track of my pace, distance, calories and time. It also keeps a history of all your runs so you can track your improvement. There are even pre-recorded voices of celebrities that congratulate you when you achieve a personal best. Hard to believe that I used to play the IPod music just so I wouldn't hear myself breathe so hard.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

cool!!! I've only been running at the gym so I have been able to plug into the news or music. Love the chip idea. Maybe I'll get myself a nano/chip for my B-Day.

Adrianna and I went to see Ratatouille on Saturday. It was cute! I wasn't up for Transformers.

It's going to be hot as hell in Denver for the tri too. Yuck. Don't feel too bad..... I sweat like a mofo too.