Friday, March 23, 2007

World Headquarters

I am supposed to be writing a provocative feature story on a new Ford partnership but my mind is wandering so I'm going to write up this blog entry first. I thought you would like a tour of my world headquarters here in the D. The entire space is about 12 x 12 square and its located on the second floor of a great historic home (built in 1896) on Jefferson Avenue. It has been converted to offices and there is a wonderful ad firm downstairs. I look out the front window at the Detroit River. It's the best and I am so comfortable here.




The first photo shows my desk and the all-important coffee pot.






OK, quick look the other way and you see my conference room. Dan made me a great office table (graced by a Ro pot and one of my weavings). On the wall, I hung some old automotive ads that target women ...I like the one that says "What A Difference Our Second Car Has Made for Our Girls."





Next to the window is the radiator with the all important John Kerry singing doll (he's the president here!), a signed snap from Kermit, a photo of the kids and one of the 100+ distinguished clowns I worked with at the Thanksgiving Parade, a Happy Feet windup doll from a press kit for Great Lakes Crossing, a Christmas ornament sent from White Castle, a Ford Warriors in Pink magnet, an invitation for the Crain's House Party that I worked on, an American Idol Finale ticket and a bracelet from this year's Auto Show. I also squeeze in my XM Radio (usually tuned to Bluesville).


Before leaving this time-killing tour, you have to take a minute to admire the Pumpkin Spice paint job. My Mom and I stripped a bunch of yucky blue wallpaper and painted the room before I started the company in the Fall of 2005. (Thanks Mom!)

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I love the Pumpkin Spice paint job! I think I might use that color in my den..... I've been waiting for something to come along and strike my fancy.

Colleen said...

It's Sherwin Williams paint. It has sand in it so has some texture. You have to use a special roller. It was fun to do. I took those photos with my cell phone so the color isn't very consistent. Happy den painting.