Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Party is On

Tomorrow night I'm chaperoning the St. Clare 7th and 8th grade dance. I've threatened Hannah that I'm going to show off my best boogie moves. What do chaperones wear?? Probably something that allows them to blend into the wood paneling so they can bust any teens that get too close, eh?

Jackson is taking part in the Military Ball next Wednesday with his ROTC group. I guess it is a big deal. He even asked Malanie to be his date. Dan is going to have to do the pickup and dropoff because I'm headed to LA for work. Too bad...it would have been fun to see him all dressed up and nervous.

This weekend is the St. Clare Auction too. Ro gave them a pot, my Mom donated a couple gorgeous quilts and I even put in an angora silk scarf that I wove. Hope we don't buy too much...we're supposed to be moving. One year we bought a terrific Mexican vacation with the Santoscoys at the Auction. It was one of the greatest vacations ever.

Last night, the auction set-up began. Man, some of those Moms have such design/decorating vision. It is a '20s theme and they have way cool centerpieces and stage decorations. I'll take some photos on Saturday and show off how they transform a dark church social hall into a party haven. Helen and I had a lot of laughs last night trying to measure everything correctly so we didn't get busted for doing something wrong.

No comments: