Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Weaving Project














These 10 beautiful balls of silk/cashmere are going to be my next weaving project. I'm using a shadow weave pattern out of my Handwoven magazine for a 15" wide piece. In theory, the pattern is supposed to look like water lilies. We'll see. Ro reminded me today that we have to ship my loom back in five months and it would be good if I finished the piece before then. He knows me too well!

It is so nice to be home. Like always, Dan and the kids seem to do just fine without me but I sure feel best when I'm here. It was a traumatic trip back to Sao Paulo with canceled flights, comped hotel rooms and lost luggage. I left on Monday and finally got back here on Wednesday. But I'm past all that and just pleased to be home.

The kids finally go back to school from their summer break next Tuesday. (Monday is a Brazilian holiday.) This sure has been a long holiday for them but they are still scrambling to get their homework done. Whatcha' guys been doing all this time??

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I'm glad you made it back safe and sound.

Mei said...

I love this blog, and my parents are professional weavers! What a coincidence.

Nanimal said...

wow... I am jealous of that fiber. gorgeous. please post pictures of the weaving in action