Monday, January 25, 2010

10K in Sao Paulo


















I have done tons of runs in Detroit but one of the things I really want to do before I leave Sao Paulo is a race here. I signed up today for a 10K on March 21 in and around the Pacaembu area. We start at the stadium where the Corinthians soccer team plays. I always like a goal and this will help me focus my training. Besides the shirt is kinda cute! I like the runner on the back.

Even if my time is crummy, I feel pretty good that my Portuguese dictionary and I were able to pay the fee online!

With the three hour time difference between Detroit and SP, I've been doing the death march through the trails here pretty faithfully every morning with my pals Leslie, Nandita and Thana and then hitting the treadmill in the gym. All I'll need to do is step up my treadmill time and then do a good bit of distance in Burle Marx Park on the weekends.

I'd love company. Any one want to join me?

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Oh Oh Oh!!!!!! I would love to join you, but don't think it's in the cards. I like the shirt too.

How long are you running every morning? Kudos to you lady for running every day.