Friday, January 11, 2008

Lots of Warp/Weft

My camera is still at Lori's house but I took a few shots tonight with my phone of my recent weaving projects. I bought a red coat just before Christmas, so of course, I needed a new scarf to go with it. This is made with a silk/wool yarn and is about five inches wide.
















Yesterday I took a vacation day and finished my CCS piece in the afternoon. This piece is huge. (It is on our queen size bed in the first photo.) It is 18 inches wide and 90 inches long. I am going to wear it as a shawl (I think). It is the softest thing I've ever made. The blue yarn is a silk/alpaca mix. I really like this one. It was a great way to use a lot of yarn colors. I still have to tie it up and wash it so I'm curious to see how it will look all done but so far, so good. Lots of knots in my future.


On my loom at home is a new project that I just finished setting up tonight. I've never woven anything this wide. The baby blanket will be 34" wide. It is made from a really nice Inca cotton that should wash up easily for Baby Z's Mom. The baby shower is March 9 so I have lots of time.

No comments: