Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

OK, I am a goof. I took a whole bunch of great photos at the New Years Eve run on Belle Isle and then at Rick and Lori's for the actual midnight events....and of course, I left my camera in Milford. Hopefully, I'll connect with Lori soon so I can get it back.

What a great start to the New Year. Jackson, Hannah and I joined 1,000 other people (including our friends Lisa, Patrice, Thomas and Taylor) on Belle Isle for the four miles of festivities. Hannah only tackled the one mile run this year but it was a good healthy start to the New Year. It also made it so I could eat and drink a little at the party later without feeling too guilty.

Our New Year's Eve party tradition continued in 2008. We've been with the same group of friends somewhere in Michigan every NYE since 1980. The kids are getting older now (Kurtis is in college) but everyone still hangs. All of the teens had an amazing snowball fight/football game at 1:30 a.m. (we got 14 inches of snow in Milford overnight). Karin and Paul had sick kids and Sheri and Joe wimped out for another party but we had a great time with about 10 adults and eight teens. Karl organized ping pong and Foosball tournaments that kept the night moving. Can you believe that our NLU theme song by Meatloaf "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" played on the radio just as Lori and I started our game against one another?? Talk about karma.

I'm glad to see the New Year begin. Always seems like a good way to assess how lucky I am to have such a cool family and great friends.

Cheers!

No comments: