Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sports Stars

I love Fall. All the sports activities collide. In the last week:

HANNAH was named MVP of the St. Clare volleyball team on Sunday and is now in the midst of basketball tryouts. Their practices are from 8:30-10 p.m. at night. Ugh!

JACKSON had his last soccer game for Cass Tech yesterday. He hasn't played soccer in years but the coach recruited him as goalie and I think he had a fabulous time meeting some new kids and reacquainting him with the sport. He starts baseball conditioning next week.

RO is Up North with Rick attacking the mighty salmon for the last time this year.

and

I am in the Free Press Marathon today! Don't get too excited. I'm on a relay team of five women, Moms on the Run (Again), and will run one leg. This is the third year I've done it and it is always a blast. I'm doing the fourth leg, Belle Isle. In previous years, I've done the Tunnel route (6 miles) and the city route (4.5 miles). This year is just three miles. I'm a turtle so I hope my mile time doesn't disappoint the rest of the team...but hey, it is all about fun. I just saw my neighbor, Lynne, pull out of her driveway. She's doing the first leg (over the bridge). I'm up in about three hours.

The race goes through Indian Village so my neighbors Pat and Dan always have a fun party on their porch. We have an eight-piece band playing on our lawn to entertain the runners. Should be an interesting day, sports fans!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

How was the race? I can't wait to see the pictures!