Monday, October 22, 2007

Marathon Mania





What a fabulous day! The marathon team of Moms on the Run (Again) completed the 26.2 mile race in 4:19, right in the middle of the pack of all the female relay teams. (There were five of us. Suzanne didn't make it for the picture.) After the race, we walked slowly back to my street for the annual Burns Block Party at Pat's house. Mile 22 of the marathon goes right down our street so we always gather to cheer on the runners, especially those late in the game souls who are really hurting. Holy crap....can Pat cook! Her husband said she used 162 eggs in all the cakes and quiches she made for the Marathon crowd. We celebrated with a few mimosas and were damn proud of ourselves. There was even an eight-piece jazz band on our lawn. The weather was perfect and the friends were great. If you're really nice to me, I'll show you my medal!

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Come on.... if you show me your medal, I'll show you mine..... ;)

Did you ever make it to church last Sunday?

Colleen said...

Of course I did!

Corinne said...

I had no doubts that you wouldn't make it.... :)

Corinne said...

Hello!!! Time to update all of us on something new......

Moses is out here!

Nanimal said...

WOW!!!! Colleeen that is fab! How awesome. I miss weaving. I am hoping I can get back into it next year. what an amazing environment.