Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Walk Down A Recycled Path

On Saturday, I got to enter the heads of the next generation. I walked through the student show at CCS. First, a bedspread made entirely of sponges....












Two awesome dresses, one made from Wonder bread wrappers and the other from caution tape












Mollie entering a porta potty woven from Costco's largest bag of toilet paper (the inside was lined with candy dots to keep you busy while you were inside)



A piece woven from Capri Sun juice containers ....













And then they have the nod to the aging population....I mean continuing ed. (We're recycled, not the art in this case!) Jenny and I were so proud to get our pieces in the show too. Her's was a gorgeous boucle wrap and I put my bumpy scarf in. You'll be happy to know that the bumpy scarf is moving to Colorado after the show (you have great taste Corinne!).













After the show, Bev took her rep piece of the loom so in celebration, I thought I would show it off. (She'll have to put it in the show next year!) Bev is the one standing in the back going "I'm so glad to get that damn thing off the loom."












No comments: