Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Punctured

I got a flat tire today. I came out of the Bridge office's in Warren ready to sprint to my next meeting in Dearborn...but alas, it wasn't to be. There's nothing worse than having to play the damsel in distress card. I took three years of auto mechanics in high school (to meet guys) and I still don't know where to put the jack or anything.

After all of those years where my Dad (the world's best AAA agent) made us buy AAA memberships so he could win contests, I had let my membership lapse after he retired. Luckily, I reached out to Ro who was in a Thai restaurant with his GM pals, and he told me to push the OnStar button. OnStar connected me to GM roadside assistance and within 40 minutes, a nice guy came out to rescue me. (My wonderful husband also came over as the guy was pulling up.) No charge either. Very cool.

Being the road warrior that I am, I took the punctured tire to the Tire Center and got it repaired. There was a piece of steel in it. Felt pretty damn proud of myself too that I got it fixed without relying on Ro to do it. Sure glad it didn't pop this weekend on our way to or from Chicago.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Ouch! What in the world is an "onstar" button? I don't think my Rosie is equipped with one....Good job woman on handling the situation. I'm glad it didn't blow out on your way home from Chicago too.