Friday, December 25, 2009

Quiet Sao Paulo Christmas

It is 10 a.m. on Christmas morning and the kids are still sleeping. I remember one year when Hannah and Jackson woke us up at 4 a.m. because they were so excited. My, how times change! We purposely went very low key on presents this year since we are leaving tomorrow for a long weekend in Rio. Ro and Jackson are going sea fishing and Hannah and I are just going to hang around the city. That was the gift we gave to one another this year.

It doesn't make today any less weird though. Our family and friends are a long 5,000 miles away. Hope they have a wonderful day! I'm sure we'll give them a call before the day is up.

I bought a small ham and I'm going to attempt a holiday dinner. Hannah and I made cookies the other day so we have the essentials ready to go. It will be strange to have Christmas dinner in shorts and flip flops though. Merry Christmas everybody!

Abracos and Beijos (hugs and kisses) from the Southern Robars.

FYI: This photo is the Ponte Estaiada Octávio Frias de Oliveira suspension bridge that we pass almost everyday. They light it special for the holidays.

No comments: