Tuesday, December 22, 2009

HF and DJ do SP

My Mom and Dad are such troopers. Over the past 10 days, they ate mountains of beef, went to several amazing parties, visited the ocean, toured the city, critiqued an art fair, walked through parks, dashed through waterfalls, marveled at birds, danced the samba and just enjoyed some great family time. My Dad is now a Caipirinha (Brazilian cocktail made with cachaca rum) fan. (I am spelling it out here since my Dad must have asked me a 100 times, "what is this drink called again?") Ro and I are so blessed to have two sets of healthy and fun parents. This trip also proved to me that Jackson is developing many HF tendencies.

Igacu Falls (some people spell it Iguassu) was an amazing place to visit. We flew out on Thursday and walked through trails on both the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls. So much bigger and more natural than Niagara Falls. On the last day, we even took a hydroplane boat ride through the Falls themselves. We had a fabulous and patient guide, Gunter, who helped us with every detail of the trip.

Such a nice Christmas present to have them here with us!







2 comments:

Tim said...

Sweeeeeet!

Nanimal said...

oh, that is so cool that your parents are so adventurous... I aspire to be like that.