Sunday, May 24, 2009

While I've Been Gone

I left Sao Paulo a week ago. Since I've been gone, Jackson went to the prom Saturday night and Hannah was honored at the Graded Athletic Awards on Friday.

Jackson decided to go "stag" to the prom and the after-party. (Do they still use the word "stag"?) He said that a lot of the guys do that. He passed on the tux and just wore a nice suit. Of course, this morning I asked him how it went. The typical information-filled teen response: fine. Lot of people there? Yes. Did the girls look pretty? Yes. What time did you get home? 3:30. Guess I'll have to pry some more details out of him later in person.

Hannah, on the other hand, was all chatty about Friday's Graded Athletic Awards. She got some bling as the "most improved player" on her volleyball team but she seems to think the award was destined for another player who just didn't show up so they gave it to Hannah. She laughed a lot about it. We'll have to find out what the real story here is and whether she'll have to forfeit her hardware.
The last photo is for Ro. When I was visiting his family yesterday in Milford, I drove by the canoe rental where we worked in high school and college. We both have fond memories of the place and the nice family, the Ruckers, that ran it. Back then, it was kind of falling apart but the Ruckers did their best to keep it occupied and maintained. It looks like the town has rallied around this old powerhouse and preserved it. The change was startling.

I am definitely missing my family on this long holiday weekend. I went to church today at St. Charles and said hello to a few of my favorite Detroiters. I drove by our house and it looked great with lots of flowers out front. Stan is doing a fab job taking care of it. Tomorrow, I am going to partake in Santoscoy BBQ (aren't you jealous?) on the street. Maybe I'll take a few photos of the house so Ro can relax.

3 comments:

Jackson Robar said...

No mom we call it bachlor these days...

Tim said...

Is that Jenny Rucker still in the area? : )

Dave said...

Check your email Colleen - I found the REAL picture of Jackson at the prom!!!