Saturday, July 12, 2008

Twilight Gathering A Hit


I took Thursday off (gasp!) and helped set up the Twilight Gathering auction for the Women's Caring Program. I don't know how this group of women does it but they sure have a lot of fun, while doing a lot of good. It was a totally enjoyable day and they raised about $250,000 to fund childcare for families coming off welfare. That will help 100 families have a fresh start. Pretty cool, eh?

The home in Milford where they have this event is just beautiful. Rolling hills, beautiful flowers, two big dogs and a very casual attitude. There were more than 600 women there but everyone felt comfortable. Jackson and my Mom helped out too!

The guys went up to Frankfort salmon fishing this weekend so I'm all alone. Very strange. I can't remember a summer where I've spent so much time by myself. I think Hannah's trip has something to do with it. She is in Italy now. She gets back Wednesday night just before midnight. Thank goodness.

I'm headed to a 40th birthday party tonight for Dan's brother Rob. I get the sister-in-law of the year award for going by myself. Rob is a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to it.

I just got back from a run so I better get in the shower. We sold a mission desk we don't use on Craig's List. The people are supposed to be here at 10 and I think I would scare them with my sweaty self. Man, is it hot today!

No comments: