Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pellet Pillow

I am going through withdrawal. For the last 10 years, I have slept with the same pillow (and 20 years with the same man!). I bought the pillow when we lived in Japan. It was 75% pillow and 25% plastic pellets. The pellets are little white plastic pieces like you would use as a spacer on a beaded necklace. Sounds weird but it is the dreamiest thing. Very huggable and positionable. I've looked everywhere for a replacement but haven't found it. Ro even asked a friend to bring another one back from Japan when he was on a business trip but it was filled with corn pellets, not plastic. It wasn't right.

Yesterday, when I was in the shower, Java, our crazy mutt, chewed it to smithereens. There were small white plastic pellets from one end of the bedroom to the other. It looked like it had snowed. I was racing to a meeting so I had to leave the disaster. Hannah called me totally freaked out at 10:30 when she rolled out of her summertime slumber . (I think she thought the dog did it on her watch!)

Now, how do I get to sleep? I used a regular pillow last night and it was horrible.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Tough break Princess.

Corinne said...

I am on a mission to find you a new pellet pillow..... we can't have the Princess sleeping without the Pea....

Brie said...

I had one of those when I stayed in Japan. I want one too. Best pillow ever.