Monday, February 19, 2007

Nice Break


Ro and I took off Thursday night for our annual sprint to the Grove Park Inn for the Arts & Crafts conference. I hate to admit it but this is the 12th time we've been in attendance. We got to Asheville, NC mid-day on Friday and had a great time walking through the antique show and chatting it up with the modern craftspersons. We bought a few things, including a funky old light for the butler's pantry. They had some interesting lectures too--one on"heavenly" vs. "hell" potters that got everyone stirred up--and another on Stickley Craftsman homes and another I enjoyed on Alice Hubbard. They even had a fashion show with clothing from the turn of the century. I really enjoy the event, but my favorite part is always sitting in the Grove Park Inn Great Hall with our friends Roger and Suzanne. So many laughs as we plot and plan where to eat and drink next. Hats off to my Mom who puts up with the crazy schedules of Hannah and Jackson while we relax down South.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Excellent getaway! It sounds like fun.