Friday, February 23, 2007

Are we or aren't we?

We're now in the nailbiting stage of waiting for the Chinese government to bless our trip. GM wants us to go but now we have to receive the official nod from the authorities. I really respect the dilemma. Why should the company bring in all these foreigners when there are millions of Chinese people who can do the work? I know it a precedent-setting question that is much bigger than our family but it doesn't make the wait any easier. There is a big pow-wow next week that should give us our answer (we hope).

So cut me some slack when I don't have any answers to: When are you leaving? What are you doing with your house, the cars, your business, the dog and the kid's school?

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I promise not to ask questions... I know you'll keep us informed on the journey.... I can just imagine how frustrating all of the questions are!