Thursday, April 01, 2010

Meriva on the Move














In Brazil, they don't stop you for speeding. There are computerized cameras on the roads that just take your photo as you cruise through a specially marked zone at the wrong speed. You don't even know. They simply mail you a ticket. No hassling, no long stories...you just pay. Ro came home smiling last night with a special letter with a photo of my red Meriva.

I got a ticket for going 103 in an 80 while Hannah and I went to Poços de Caldas a few weeks back. It sounds faster than it is because that is kilometers per hour, not miles. (Conversion is about 65 in a 50 mph zone.) To me, that ticket is like a badge of honor. In Michigan, I had major trouble with speeding tickets and had to pay exorbitant insurance rates and actually go to traffic school to keep my license. To get one here just tells me I've settled in!

No comments: