Monday, February 01, 2010

Man in Motion

Jackson has his mock IB art exam today so yesterday was a flurry of tweaking his models and drawings for the show. This piece came out very cool. In its final state, it will be hung in the school gallery but we set it up in the apartment last night to get it just right. It is hung from fish line and tied to a board that we suspended from the ceiling. Jackson made casts of his hands and legs to make the player. He filled my car with a dozen or so 3-D objects and portfolio cases which I took to school this morning. Hope his show goes well.

Jackson and I are going to visit Savannah College of Art and Design February 17-19. He is going to fly to Orlando (alone!) and meet me after I finish with the National Automobile Dealers Association convention there for work. We'll make the four-hour trek to Savannah, Georgia from there. Everybody tells me that Savannah is gorgeous. He knows Wayne State and CCS well already so it is critical that he sees SCAD to help him make his college decision.

No comments: